Best Par 5 Golf Course in Arizonas
Quintero Golf Club is continually ranked among the best par 5 golf courses not just in Arizona, but in the United States. Every day brings rave reviews from scratch golfers who have experienced the purest game of golf in the Southwest, with shot challenges that inspire a higher level of play – on the smoothest bentgrass greens in the southwest.
What makes Quintero Unique?
Golf Digest rates Quintero among the top venues in Arizona and notes that it is also one of America’s 100 greatest public courses. The par 72 course is designed for a championship challenge, but with as many as 9 tees per hole it can accommodate a wide range of handicaps and skill levels. Regardless of the level of your game, expect to be engaged, charmed and challenged when you play Quintero.
The Quintero layout is spectacularly carved out of the Sonoran Desert and is routed through valleys in the foothills of the dramatic Hieroglyphic Mountains. Its bent grass greens offer a lush putting experience year-round. The mountains add exciting elevation changes to the game. The course is frequently described as a visually spectacular experience matched by challenging design. Originally an exclusive club, it was made available to the public in 2011.
Par 5 – What’s the Difference?
A par 5 course offers exciting challenges for dedicated golfers, with five strokes needed to complete the hole. As a 5 par course, scratch golfers face dramatic shot challenges that inspire a deeper level of creativity and vision. For a world-class golfing experience, the challenging shots from tee to green will bring out the best in your game.
Players, whether locals or visitors from afar, are often become obsessed with playing Quintero to hone their skills on this spectacular championship course. You simply cannot miss the Quintero experience if you plan a golfing holiday in the Phoenix area. This championship Rees Jones-designed course is often described as being the ultimate golfing experience.
Estancia’s championship golf course is nestled on 640 acres of Scottsdale’s landmark Pinnacle Peak north slope. Designed by the internationally respected Tom Fazio, this course will give you a 7,314-yard golfing experience you will never forget. It wanders for miles through gorgeous boulder and cactus terrain and yet the fairways are generous, and the layout offers an amazing variety of challenges and hole lengths. The grace and aesthetics of the course, combined with breathtaking views may very well put you at the top of your game.
The course’s signature 11th hole is the 137-yard par 3. You play through a chute of boulders surrounded by rocky pinnacles and cactus and you must take accurate aim at the pin if you hope to par.
Estancia is a membership owned club with a reputation for casual golf ambiance and a wide range of social activities for members and their guests.
The Quintero Difference
“The course itself is a masterpiece.”
As a golfer, you know that your enjoyment of the game extends beyond your score on any given day. The experience of Golf is about aesthetics, strategy, and focus as well as successfully mastering each hole. Course designer Rees Jones has ensured that every hole you play offers an element of surprise and a unique challenge, whether it be the bunkers or a headwind or the way the light plays with the contours of the greens.
The Quintero Golf Club is situated in a secluded desert location that puts you solidly in the game of golf with the only distraction being the beauty of one of the most spectacular deserts in the U.S.
Quintero’s Rees Jones-Designed Course, Hole by Hole
At Quintero, you will experience a variety of holes, elevation changes, green variations and strategically placed bunkers that make playing the course an unforgettable tame experience.
In designing this Arizona par 5 golf course, every detail was put in place to create challenges beyond the ordinary, in an environment that is completely distraction-free. Experience a pure game of golf where your creativity in the game is challenged in unexpected ways.
- Hole 1. 303-405 yards. Medium length par 4 with a very approachable green.
- Hole 2. 428-571 yards. Give it a solid drive. This par 5 faces a deep wash and many options on your second stroke.
- Hole 3. 299-406 yards. This par 4 hole is one of the most challenging, with a scenic lake that has tricked many a golfer into playing it too close.
- Hole 4. 330-460 yards. Par 4. Long and straight with fairway bunkers and a nice deep green open in the front.
- Hole 5. 284-374 yards. Par 4. Short and uphill with dramatic topography and a large landing area featuring a bunker that will snatch anything that doesn’t reach the green.
- Hole 6. 110-219 yards. Par 3. Considered one of the best par 3 holes for any course, this hole begins with a steep drop to the green, but plenty of options for the less experienced player.
- Hole 7. 332-431 yards. Par 4. Level, but requires good distance control to a deep green.
- Hole 8. 472-586 yards. Par 5. Stunningly beautiful, this is a real three shot approach with each shot playing to a different physical layout. Wide fairway, a deep wash and finally three abstract bunkers on the final fairway.
- Hole 9. 125-212 yards. Par 3. One of the holes you will remember the next day. The tee shot soars over a water feature toward a green staged above a rock wall.
- Hole 10. 409-521 yards. Par 5. With a green reachable in two, this hole is relatively short for a par 5 but must be played tight, smart and accurate.
- Hole 11. 338-447 yards. Par 4. Long fairway bunkers line the left and offer flat lies for recoverable approach shots.
- Hole 12. 338-435 yards. Par 4. With scenic views of mountainous terrain, this classic hole demands an accurate second shot to avoid tough up and down from either of two greenside bunkers.
- Hole 13. 100-212 yards. Par 3. A medium length hole with a beautiful pond that guards part of the green. A good hole to practice your bump-and-run for par.
- Hole 14. 427-552 yards. Par 5. A beautiful, flowing fairway with soft contoured bunkers that will demand good strategic play to the green.
- Hole 15. 284-379 yards. Par 4. Course designer Rees Jones considers this one of the great sleeper holes at Quintero. A solid tee shot will get you to short iron territory, but the elevated green requires careful play.
- Hole 16. 104-225 yards. Par 3. A downhill beauty with artistic bunker designs and a large, deep green bordered by a sudden washout that demands your drive control.
- Hole 17. 288-380 yards. Par 4. A beautiful dogleg at the base of a mountain.
- Hole 18. 319-434 yards. Par 4. Requires your best tee shot for a chance at par on the elevated green that is bordered by a waterfall and pond.
If you haven’t played Quintero yet, put it on your list. The experience of golfing is a unique balance of experiences no other sport has. Quintero is one of the best golf experiences in the world, and a must-play for any golfer visiting the Phoenix area – you simply cannot miss the opportunity for the purest game of golf in the Southwest.